Friday, November 15, 2013

This past school week went fine as usual.  I had a large exam on Thursday that I spend most of my week stressing out for.  Yet, I only have one more full week of classes. I have a lot left to do.  I still have two more anatomy lecture exam, two more anatomy lab quizzes, a neuro lab practical, two more papers, two presentations, and a neuro quiz. Then once that's all done I'll have finals week to worry about.

Part of professional reasoning class this semester was to get to know a person in the community who has a disability.  I have had a wonderful time these past twelve weeks with my community partner.  He is an younger male in his early thirties who suffered a traumatic brain injury at the age of 17.  On Monday I will present my community partner experience with my class, and I'm looking forward to telling everyone about him and what we've done all semster.  The presentation is supposed to be creative so I will be simulating a mock interview and I will be acting as my community partner while the rest of the class will be employees for a company he wishes to work at. I have created a resume based on everything I've learned from him and each "employer" will have one to look at.

This week I made banana bread and homemade meatballs. I've enjoyed both. The meatballs are good  leftovers on top of leftover pasta. Plus I got to use my brand new blue Bella crock pot. I loved it and seemed to do a great job.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could make banana bread (or meatballs) for us when we come to visit.

    : )

    ReplyDelete